Haxton Scholarship Info
Delaware Shore Field Hockey, Inc
2019 Haxton Scholarship
The Haxton Scholarship will be awarded to a 2019 high school graduate and Delaware Shore Field Hockey participant who plans to attend a 4-year college or university OR a medical training facility or program.
Applicants must meet the following three (3) criteria:
1. The Haxton Scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of the Class of 2019, pending proof of
- High school graduation (2019)
- Acceptance into a four-year college/university OR a medical training facility or program.
2. The applicant must submit a letter or essay that will include
- Name, mailing address, and e-mail address of applicant
- The applicant’s involvement in the activities of Delaware Shore Field Hockey, Inc.
- The applicant’s high school and other field hockey participation and accomplishments
- How field hockey has impacted her life so far and how playing field hockey will impact her future career path
- Specific ways the applicant plans to contribute to field hockey programs in her future
- Financial need for college
3. Applications must be electronically submitted to HaxtonApp@delawareshorefh.org on or before midnight of December 1, 2018. Applicants will receive notification by electronic mail from the committee chairperson upon receipt of the letter/essay.
Funding for the Haxton Scholarship will be provided partially from the proceeds of the Haxton & Easter Seals Tournament, December 22-23, 2018.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who plan to major in the field of health or medicine.
For more information, contact Mike Eisenhour at:
or Danielle Renken at: