Haxton Scholarship Information and Tourney Pages
Delaware Shore Field Hockey, Inc
2022 Haxton Scholarship
The Haxton Scholarship will be awarded to a 2022 high school graduate and Delaware Shore Field Hockey participant who plans to attend a 4-year college or university OR a medical training facility or program.
Applicants must meet the following three (3) criteria:
1. The Haxton Scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of the Class of 2022, pending proof of
- High school graduation (2022)
- Acceptance into a four-year college/university OR a medical training facility or program.
2. The applicant must submit a letter or essay that will include
- Name, mailing address, and e-mail address of applicant
- The applicant’s involvement in the activities of Delaware Shore Field Hockey, Inc.
- The applicant’s high school and other field hockey participation and accomplishments
- How field hockey has impacted her life so far and how playing field hockey will impact her future career path
- Specific ways the applicant plans to contribute to field hockey programs in her future
- Financial need for college
3. Applications must be electronically submitted to Hockey4Haxton@gmail.com on or before midnight of December 1, 2021. Applicants will receive notification by electronic mail from the committee chairperson upon receipt of the letter/essay.
Funding for the Haxton Scholarship will be provided partially from the proceeds of the Haxton & Easter Seals Tournament, Saturday and/or Sunday, December 19-20, 2020.
Location is Champions Stadium turf at Cape Henlopen HS.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who plan to major in the field of health or medicine.
For more information, contact Mike Eisenhour at:
or Stephanie Brown at:Hockey4Haxton@gmail.com