Delaware Shore Field Hockey, Inc.
Delaware Shore Field Hockey, Inc. (DSFH) believes in equal opportunity for participants. Delaware Shore Field Hockey's success depends on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will not discriminate on the basis of these characteristics in any personnel or member action.
Anti-Harassment Policy Statement
This policy reaffirms Delaware Shore Field Hockey, Inc.,'s commitment to deliver program services in organizational environments that are harassment-free and respectful to its participants. Harassment is a concern for everyone and we share a responsibility to maintain a harassment-free environment. Coaches and athletes must create and maintain an organizational environment where everyone is treated professionally and with dignity and respect. Delaware Shore Field Hockey, Inc., strictly prohibits the use or abuse of official authority or position to intimidate, coerce, or harass.
Harassment is a form of discrimination, which may be based on a prohibited basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age (40 and over), mental or physical disability, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation, and marital or family status. It is any objectionable verbal or physical conduct, comment, or display, which demeans, disparages, aggravates, intimidates, or causes humiliation or embarrassment to another person. It is conduct, which serves no legitimate work purpose, and is a reasonably known unwelcome offense.
Any participant in a Delaware Shore program, who feels that they are a victim of harassment, may submit a written complaint to any member of the Board of Directors within ten days of the incident. That Board Member will then request an emergency Board of Director meeting to investigate the incident within ten days of the receipt of the written complaint. The Board will make a determination and a decision based upon their investigation of the events in the complaint.
Delaware Shore and “Safe Sport” Protocols
• Delaware Shore does not offer individual training sessions; parents must schedule those events through an outside vendor.
• Delaware Shore does not offer any athletic training modalities, massages, or rubdowns.
• Delaware Shore will provide basic first aid when an athlete is injured at a practice or event using our trained parent nurses or other first aid providers.
• Delaware Shore does not provide transportation to any events; parents may work together to share/provide rides for their athletes but it is not organized by DSFH, Inc.
• Delaware Shore does not have locker rooms; all celebrations will be in public spaces where those present may take photographs and videos.
• If you have a concern relating to “Safe Sport” within the Delaware Shore programs, send an email to safesportDeShore@gmail.com
Messages to the above email go to an independent evaluator who will contact you for more detailed
information and address your concerns.
Additional Resources at https://www.teamusa.org/Reporting and
Approved by Board of Directors, November 8, 2009, revised March 2023