Delaware Shore wants YOU to be part of our showcase tournament teams
and our winter indoor travel teams!
Placement on the U19, U16, U14 and U12 teams is based on your age in 2024:
Ages 19-17 are U19, ages 16-15 are U16, ages 14-13 are U14, and ages 12 and below are U12.
A player may request to play up in an age group, but must also participate in their true age grouping for tourneys as needed. If we have enough interest we could field both U12 and U10 teams.
Travel Team Tournaments: We plan to send showcase teams to
· Shooting Stars Tournament in Richmond, VA over the 2023 Thanksgiving weekend,
· NFHCA Winter Escape in Sanford, FL over the 2024 MLKing weekend (which coincides with the National Field Hockey Coaches Convention)
Graduation classes of 2024, 2025, 2026, and 2027 are eligible,
· Shooting Stars Spring Showcase at Delaware Turf in April of 2024,
· Winter indoor tourneys at Spooky Nook (PA) and Virginia Beach.
Summer league and winter indoor league (for U14 and under) are part of your travel team training. Our training cycle for all travel athletes will begin in June with sessions on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 5:00 PM before summer league games. All our training is designed to have consistent team and individual skills throughout our program.
*** Registration will open on or before March 31, 2023 ***
The fee schedule is:
· U12 and U10 team fees are $1350: training, winter indoor travel team, NIT (if qualified), indoor league and summer league;
· U14 team fee is $1600: training, winter indoor travel team, NIT (if qualified), indoor league and summer league;
· U16 and U19 team fees are $2300: training, winter indoor travel team, FieldHockeyRecruit.com PRO, Shooting Stars (Nov.), Top Recruit Winter Showcase (Jan.), NIT Qualifier and NIT (Feb.) if qualified, Shooting Stars Spring Showcase (Apr.) and summer league;
· U19 Winter Indoor Travel Only Fee is $1500 (includes training and summer league): this option is strongly discouraged for anyone planning to play college field hockey!
Sign up procedure:
1. Email email@example.com or text Ike (preferred) at 302-236-4265 NOW
and indicate your interest in our showcase and travel programs for 2023-2024.
2. When you receive the NEW active registration link by email from De Shore, follow through and start the payment process. You may choose to pay in full at the time of registration, or set up the payment plan to pay fees each month through December 2023.
3. U19 and U16 travel team members: You must activate your SportsRecruits.com PRO profile using the link that will be sent to all new travel members. If you are a returning travel athlete, your profile will carry over; if you have lost your password, contact Ike to have it reset. This benefit is paid by Delaware Shore and you do not need to pay any other recruiting service.SportsRecruits.com PRO is the one that college coaches use to view your profile, videos and academic information. This benefit allows you to:
· easily message college coaches through the message service,
· develop a dialog with different college coaches,
· organize your personal data and academic statistics for viewing by a coach,
· edit game films for the tournaments we attend into highlight videos viewable by college coaches,
· search for colleges that offer your particular academic interests,
· search for colleges based on travel distance from home,
· and allows college coaches to view our rosters and the events we attend.
USFHA membership statement
All USA Field Hockey member clubs receive the benefit of General Liability and Participant Accident insurance (Excess Medical & AD&D benefits) in connection with field hockey games, tournaments, practices, camps, clinics, and related or incidental activities that are sanctioned or approved by USA Field Hockey. This insurance also extends to all club sponsored or supervised activities such as club or team meetings, banquets, and approved fundraising events such as bake sales, car washes and other similar activities. Although it has been a requirement for all club members to be USFHA members for some time, this policy will now be strictly enforced to ensure that we comply with the provisions of our insurance policies. You must designate Delaware Shore as your club on the USFHA membership registration pages.
You are expected to participate in all showcase events offered to your age group for 2023-2024. If extraordinary reasons exist to opt out of a showcase, you may make that request to the Executive Director of Delaware Shore.
Additional information for parents and athletes
· Travel costs are NOT included in the fees! You must make your own travel and housing arrangements to and from all tournaments. Some events, such as USFHA qualifiers and the NIT, are “stay to play,” and require that you book rooms through their housing bureau. The Shooting Stars (VA-Nov.), Winter Escape (FL-Jan.) and Shooting Stars (DE-Apr.) tourneys are NOT “stay to play” although they do have housing bureaus to assist you in finding a hotel, if needed. More information about housing for each tourney will be emailed to you as we get close to the tournaments.
· All athletes participating on travel teams with Delaware Shore for 2023-2024 must wear approved De Shore apparel. High school apparel is not acceptable.
Each travel team member will be provided with a personalized jacket. Additional gear can be ordered at the apparel store on the delawareshorefh.org website if you are interested.
· Athletes will miss some school and must make prior arrangements with teachers and/or school administrators.
· Registering for Delaware Shore programs grants the club permission to use your photo(s) in the club’s press releases. These may include, but are not limited to, the Cape Gazette (print issues and online blog), Facebook, and/or Instagram.
· U19 and U16 athletes can earn money by working as instructors in the Delaware Shore Elementary Instruction program on Sundays in September and October, but slots are limited. If interested, please indicate by email or text that you will commit to teach in our elementary program this fall. Additionally, paid coaching positions are also available with our younger teams during the summer league and our winter indoor league. If you have trained to be an umpire with Delaware Shore, that is also on option to earn money.
· The Delaware Shore website https://www.delawareshorefh.org is kept current with rosters, schedules, events, and other information needed to keep you up to date.