Important Information for our Showcase/Travel Teams
(including current travel members, newly invited members and those trying out for a team position)
Delaware Shore training for our travel athletes begins with instructional sessions prior to our summer league games. Summer league is part of your travel team training. All our training is designed to have consistent team and individual skills throughout our program.
We’ll be participating in winter indoor tournaments during the months of December, January and February.
We will be sending showcase teams to:
Shooting Star Tournament in Richmond, VA over the Thanksgiving weekend using the 2022 age groupings;
Top Recruit Winter Escape in Florida during the same weekend as the National Field Hockey Coaches Annual Convention in January 2023 (classes of 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026) with this set of teams separated by graduation class as specified by the NFHCA;
Shooting Stars Spring Showcase at Delaware Turf in April of 2023;
An additional spring/early summer showcase tourney in late May or early June, if athletes are available.
Placement on all travel/showcase teams is based on your age in 2023:
Ages 19-17 are U19, ages 16-15 are U16, ages 14-13 are U14, and ages 12 and below are U12.
It is expected that you will participate in all showcase events/indoor travel tournaments offered to your age group for 2022-2023. If extraordinary reasons exist to opt out of a showcase, you may make that request to the Executive Director of De Shore. A fee reduction would then apply.
The fee schedule, before discount, is:
U12 team fee will be $1250 (training, travel, indoor tournaments, indoor league and summer league)
U14 team fee will be $1500 (training, Shooting Stars in November, Top Recruit in January if in 9th grade, Shooting Stars in April, indoor tournaments, and summer league)
U16 and U19 team fee will be $2200 (training, access to FieldHockeyRecruit.com, Shooting Stars November Showcase, Top Recruit Winter Showcase January, Shooting Stars Spring Showcase, indoor tournaments, and summer league)
If you choose to pay your total fee at registration by credit card you benefit from the 5% reduction in fees. Or if you choose to pay the entire fee by check at one time you will receive the 5% discount.
If you choose to use the payment plan, it is based on regular monthly payments concluding in December.
The Square Credit Card System, PayPal and Venmo are other options for payment.
Mailing Address for check payments is:
34394 Retz Lane
Lewes, DE 19958
Your registration is not complete until a payment is made to lock in your spot for 2022-2023 travel teams.
Procedure: Follow this link to the registration page: Registration link for 2022-2023
2. Athletes new to Delaware Shore MUST play in the summer league and go through the skills training during June and July as part of your tryout.
3. The on-line registration will collect needed information from you. It is very important that you give the correct size for your travel uniform shirt and uniform shorts/kilts. The shirt will be a personalized shirt that will be used by you for all travel teams while you are an active member of DSFH, Inc. and your number is reserved for you until you graduate from high school. Uniform numbers range from 00 through 99 and must selected when registering. If you need to order a new uniform, the fee is $125. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine an available uniform number. New warm-up suits and uniforms will be sized at the start of summer league in June and ordered for the new members of the team.
4. Each U19 and U16 athlete is expected to make use of the FieldHockeyRecruit.com software to aid and assist you as you work through the college recruiting process. A registration link will be sent to you by June.
5. After your registration has been submitted, your signed commitment form will be emailed back to you as your copy.
Travel information and other scheduled events:
Each athlete and parent must make travel arrangements to and from all showcases. The travel costs are NOT included in the fees. You will miss some school and must make prior arrangements so you will not be penalized in your school’s classes.
An additional way for the U19 and U16 athletes to earn money is to work as instructors in the Delaware Shore Elementary Instruction program on Sundays in September, October and but slots are limited. Please indicate by email to email@example.com if you will commit to teach in our elementary program this fall.
Training session for all our travel teams begin this summer on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 5:00 pm.
All athletes participating on travel teams with Delaware Shore for 2022-2023 must wear approved De Shore apparel (high school apparel is not acceptable). All travel team members will have a personalized warm-up set in addition to their personalized uniform. The De Shore web site has an apparel store if you would like to order additional gear.
Special note to parents:
The Showcase events do not have a stay to play rules, thus you are free to make your own arrangements for housing. Delaware Shore does try to use Marriott properties for housing of its coaches.
USFHA Membership Statement
All USA Field Hockey member clubs receive the benefit of General Liability and Participant Accident insurance (Excess Medical & AD&D benefits) in connection with field hockey games, tournaments, practices, camps, clinics, and related or incidental activities that are sanctioned or approved by USA Field Hockey. This insurance also extends to all club sponsored or supervised activities such as club or team meetings, banquets, and approved fundraising events such as bake sales, car washes and other similar activities. Although it has been a requirement for all club members to be USAFH members for some time, we will now enforce this requirement to ensure that we comply with the provisions of our insurance policies.
You must designate Delaware Shore as your club on the USFHA membership registration pages.
For Athletes on travel teams:
1) Provide coaches for each travel team,
2) Schedule practice times and practice locations within the budget of DSFH, Inc.,
3) Pay the fees and schedule tournaments for the travel teams,
4) Register the teams and pay fees for all showcase events,
5) Pay the coaches stipend,
6) Assist each athlete with preparation for a college experience in playing field hockey by providing showcase events for the travel teams,
7) Encourage U16 and U19 athletes to use SportsRecruits.com to assist in planning,
8) Encourage athletes to improve their individual skills through individual skills training,
9) Provide equal playing time for the U12, U14 travel teams, and playing time based on skill and ability for U16 and U19 travel teams,
10) Provide instruction in team concepts is part of the travel team practices.
1) Promptly pay all fees for DSFH, Inc. by the deadlines provided, If on a payment plan, complete by December.
2) Ensure the athlete will attend all scheduled practice sessions and ALL travel team events,
3) Provide positive feedback to their athlete and the athletes on the team,
4) Ensure the athlete will be on time to all scheduled meetings for all events,
5) Accept a non-interference role with the team and the team coaches,
6) Encourage their athlete to work, on their own, to improve their individual skills and to function effectively with the team,
7) Encourage their athlete to schedule individual training sessions with the club on an as needed basis,
8) Meet all deadlines needed for successful college acceptance,
9) Provide the club with all required paperwork by the deadline required.
10) Accept that coaching decisions are made in the best interests of the team and are made without bias or interference.
11) Do not talk with the umpires during or after a match!
12) Attend parent meeting prior to first practice of the season.
The following is part of the registration process!
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT FORM
In consideration of the services of the Delaware Shore Field Hockey, Inc. (DSFHA), their officers, agents, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf, I hereby agree to release and discharge DSFHA, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
I acknowledge that Field Hockey entails known and anticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.